Any cancer that is formed on the breasts cells named as Breast Cancer. Women’s are the primary patients for this type of cancer. This type of cancer is curable if it’s identified on the early stage. Women are needed to become more aware of this issue eventually. Breast cancer is malignant tumor that develops from breast tissue. It is a third most common cancer in the world and most common in women. It arises from epithelial lining of milk ducts or lobules. It can also spread to other parts of the bodies.
1. Change in shape or size of the breast.
2. A difference in the skin’s texture
3. Lymph node changes
4. Nipple discharge
5. Nipple or Breast pain
6. Inflammatory breast cancer symptom
7. Ductal carcinoma symptoms
8. Lobular carcinoma symptoms
Though sudden accident may cause these types of symptoms, if the problem persists, they needed to be checked by a doctor quickly.
Certainly, a male can be a victim of breast cancers. The symptoms are similar exactly. So, if anyone having ‘man boobs’ may feel this kind of symptoms, they also need to consult the doctor immediately.
Types Of Breast Cancer:
The types of Breast cancer are:
1. Ductal Breast cancer: It is a type of breast cancer in which abnormal cells have been contained in the lining of breast milk duct. It is also called non-invasive or pre-invasive breast cancer.
2. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma: It is the most common type of breast cancer in which abnormal cells that originated in the lining of the breast milk duct have invaded surrounding tissue. Invasive cancer cells can also spread to other parts of the body. It is also sometimes called infiltrative ductal carcinoma. Almost 80% of all breast cancers are invasive ductal carcinomas. It can spread to the lymph nodes and other parts of the body.
3. Invasive Lobular Carcinoma: It is the second most type of breast cancer after invasive ductal carcinoma. In lobular carcinoma the cancer started in the milk-producing lobules, which empty out into the ducts that carry milk to the nipple. It can spread to the lymph nodes and other parts of the body.
4. Inflammatory Breast Cancer: This is type of breast cancer is very rare type. It is very aggressive and fast growing cancer and doesn’t cause any breast lump or mass but it often affects the skin and lymph vessels of the breast. The affected breast may be large, itchy, tender or redness on the skin around breast.
5. Mucinous Carcinoma: This type of breast cancer the tumor is composed of abnormal cells that present in mucus. It has spread beyond the breast, sometimes into the lungs, bones, or brain.
Causes of Breast Cancer:
Some genes control the life cycle the growth, task, division, and expiry of a cell. When these genes are spoiled, the stability between normal cell growth and death is vanished. Normal breast cells become cancerous because of ups and downs in DNA structure. The causes are;
Breast Cancer Signs
Breast cancer symptoms include the following:
- Skin irritation, itching, redness around breast or nipples
- Nipple skin changes or unusual discharges
- Pain and tenderness in breast
- Non-painful swellings or masses
- Changes in size, shape and color of breast
- Thickening or swelling in breast or around underarms
Late symptoms include:
Treatment of Breast Cancer:
- Radiation Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Targeted Drug Therapies
Once any patients identified as having breast cancer, there are several ways of treating that, based on the stages.
1. Local treatments: The effectiveness of this kind of treatment can be noted, (for Radiation for Breast Cancer) and farther therapies are prescribed if needed (Surgery for Breast Cancer). Under that, farther steps are:
i>Radiation for Breast Cancer
ii> Surgery for Breast Cancer
2. Common treatment process: This type of treatment is based on the specific stages or for special cases like ‘breast cancer during pregnancy.’
3. Systemic treatments: When breast cancer can be identified on the early stage, which can be treated by therapies using medication. With the help of certain anti-cancer drugs, the tumor will be treated without affecting the whole body. This type of treatment is called Systemic treatments. This will be classified as-
i> Immunotherapy for Breast Cancer
ii> Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer
iii> Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
iv> Targeted therapy for Breast Cancer
Prevention & Control
- Breast feeding your baby for at least a year helps to reduce a risk of breast a cancer development.
- Exercise daily and take 30 minute walk 5 times a week.
- Quite smoking and do not use of alcohol because it increases the risk of getting breast cancer.
- Maintain healthy weight.
- Eat healthy diet or green leaf like salad.
- Get a regular breast cancer screening and ask your doctor how often you need it.
A breast self-exam is a method to check your breasts for ups and downs such as lumps or thickenings. Initial breast cancer exposure can recover your chances of surviving the syndrome. Any rare changes exposed during the breast self-exam should be informed to your consultant.